One of the greatest challenges to God’s total sovereignty over all things is the problem of evil. Is God sovereign over evil, and if so, doesn’t that then make Him responsible for evil?
In this last episode of this series, we’ll consider this conundrum through the lens of Scripture itself to see what God’s Word has to say on the topic. We’ll also consider some important implications of this doctrine, and answer a few objections which were raised. Lastly, we’ll also give you some recommended resources for further study.
- What about Free Will?: Reconciling Our Choices with God’s Sovereignty by Scott Christensen
- Willing to Believe: Understanding the Role of the Human Will in Salvation by R.C. Sproul
- Evangelism and the Sovereignty of God by J.I. Packer
- What About Evil?: A Defense of God’s Sovereign Glory by Scott Christensen
- The Potter’s Freedom: A Defense of the Reformation and a Rebuttal of Norman Geisler’s Chosen But Free by James R. White
- The Reformed Doctrine of Predestination by Loraine Boettner (available for FREE as an eBook)
Articles in this series:
- GOD’S SOVEREIGNTY & HUMAN RESPONSIBILITY | What About Free Will?
- BIBLICAL COMPATIBILISM | How Does Human Freedom & God’s Sovereignty Fit Together?
- GOD’S SOVEREIGNTY IN SALVATION – An Exposition of Romans 8-10
- GOD’S SOVEREIGNTY | Over Who Comes to Faith and Over Evil
- GOD’S SOVEREIGNTY & MAN’S RESPONSIBILITY | Implications, Objections & Resources
Consider DONATING to support the work of THEOTIVITY.
Visit theotivity.com for more content. Sign up for our monthly email Newsletter to stay updated on all the latest content. Please consider sharing this episode and leaving a 5-star review on your podcast app to help us grow. Follow us at @theotivity on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Rumble).