I am a 3D Character Artist specializing in character design, modelling, high poly sculpting, and texturing. I have worked professionally in video game studios shipping AAA games, as well as working freelance sculpting franchise collectibles for 3D print and other 3D character-related projects.
I discerned the call toward full-time ministry in the local church and did my Masters of Theological Studies and began working at my church as the Director of Media and Discipleship Classes, overseeing all the media needs (managing branding, print, web, video, livestreaming, photo, podcast, social media, etc), managing the volunteer media team and interns, developing discipleship curriculum and teaching classes. For part of this time, I taught at Sheridan College in their Video Game Development Department as a part-time lecturer and Capstone mentor.
I have also done freelance work in videography, video editing, graphic design, illustration, and simple web design, and I am currently taking on painting commissions. You can see samples of my work in my portfolio on this website.
- Excellent 3D sculpting, modelling and texturing skills with a high level of industry experience working at world-class studios developing assets for real-time video game engines.
- Excellent knowledge of high poly to low poly game asset creation & baking.
- Strong polygon modelling and topology skills and ability to deliver clean and tidy models & files.
- Experience working and developing assets for real-time video game engines.
- Good understanding of character rigging, animation and basic scripting. Can work well between different departments of production.
- Experienced working with TDs to set up facial rigs and blendshape libraries.
- Creative and artistic eye for form, design, colour, detail, composition and branding consistency with a constant desire for improvement.
- Ability to work well and coordinate between different the departments within a production team due to broad multi-disciplinary skillset and experience.
- Good communication skills and the ability to take direction and contribute within a creative department.
- Driven and self-motivated hard worker with high organizational competency and scheduling habits for time-management and completing projects on time and on budget.
- Problem solver and efficient worker able to adapt to changes and suggest pipeline improvements.
- Strong concept illustrator and good at design brainstorming.
- Experience shooting, colour grading and editing high-quality video in LOG formats with an eye for composition and timing, an ear for quality audio recording, and a heart for telling stories.
- Experience designing, setting up and maintaining websites using WordPress, Divi, and Wix.
- Background in traditional arts (illustration, oil & acrylic painting).
A love for learning and strong gifting in teaching, especially in seeing others grow and flourish in their own giftings.
- Zbrush, Nomad Sculpt
- Adobe Creative Suite (including Premiere, AfterEffects, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Audition)
- Blender 3D, Maya, 3D Studio Max, xNormal
- Director of Media & Discipleship Classes: Hope Church Toronto West | 2015 to Present
- Design and oversee all media, web and communications needs
- Manage volunteer media and production teams and interns
- Under the oversight of the pastoral team: develop curriculum for classes & workshops on Biblical & Systematic Theology and leader training seminars, oversee membership, assimilation, and baptism workflows, lead the New Life Ministry
- Director, Videographer & Editor of the Documentary – Faithful: The Story of Dr. Charles Woodrow & Grace Missions Ministries together with Tim Challies | 2019
- Director, Videographer & Editor of the series – The Great Sermon Series with Tim Challies sponsored by SBTS | 2018
- Part-Time Lecturer: Video Game Design, Sheridan College (Oakville, ON) | 2014 to 2017
- Developed and taught the curriculum for “Character Modeling & Animation for Games” and “Character Development for Games” required courses for Game Design BFA.
- Mentor for final year Game Design Capstone Projects
- Character Artist at Rockstar Games: Toronto | 2011 to 2013
- Max Payne 3 – modelling, sculpting and texturing lead character, story characters and background characters
- Grand Theft Auto 5 – modelling, sculpting and texturing main character (Franklin), and various other story and background characters
- Character Artist at Rockstar Games: New England | 2011
- Character Artist at THQ – KAOS Studios: New York | 2010.
- Homefront – hired to help polish main story characters and creation of various background characters to get the game ready to ship
- Part-Time Lecturer – Advanced Maya class at the University of Trinidad and Tobago – Animation Department | 2009
- Freelance 3D Character Artist for various projects for TV and animation | 2008 to 2010
- Graphic Design Internship at Mc Cann Erickson (Trinidad) Ltd | 2003
- Graphic Design Internship at Lonsdale Saatchi & Saatchi Trinidad Ltd. | 2002
Schooling & Education
McMaster Divinity School
January 2014 – September 2017
Masters of Theological Studies (MTS)
Vancouver Film School
February 2007 – February 2008
Diploma in 3D Animation and Visual Effects (specialized in character modelling & texturing)
International Academy of Design & Technology | Tampa, FL
2003-2006, Re-enrolled & Graduated Dec 2010.
Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Computer Animation. (BFA)
Some Awards & Achievements
- Featured speaker at the Langham Institute for Preaching | 2020 & 2022
- Featured speaker at Animae Caribe Festival | 2012
- Published in several prestigious art books and magazines including:
- “EXOTIQUE 6” by Ballistic Publishing
- 3D Creative Magazine – Issue 69 (May 11)
- 3D Artist Magazine
- December 2008 issue #110 of 3D World Magazine
- Animation Today Magazine | November 2008
- Awarded “Top Row” at 3DTotal.com for “THE THING” model and published “Making of Old Elven Archer”.
- Editor’s choice at CGHUB.com for “Superhero Girl”
- Featured in Gnomon Gallery – Pixologic Action Heroes for “Rampage” | 2009
- Runner up for Character Design Course Competition at Escape Studios, UK
- Awarded 3D Total Excellence Award for the piece – “Old Elven Archer”
- Featured in the CGARENA.com gallery for “The Beast” and “Old Elven Archer”
- Artwork used by Vancouver Film School for several promotional items.
I’m available for contract and freelance work. Please use the contact form below for inquiries.